The National College of Physicians focuses on the following strategic objectives:
- Promoting scholarly research and communication, domestically and internationally.
- Promoting high quality medical practice for physicians, fellows, residents, interns, and medical students.
- Increasing academic and non-academic opportunities for its members.
- Strengthening the professional for all physicians.
- Stimulating scholarship and intelligent interest in medicine.
- Recognizing outstanding work in the discipline.
- Encouraging the application of rigorous ethical and intellectual standards in the profession.
- Serving the public.